Kaspersky Anti-Virus - description from Softdepia.com:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is simple to install and set up, yet offers advanced users a range of versatile settings for fine-tuning the program.The program integrates seamlessly with the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems and is fully compatible with other security programs (for example, firewalls).
- Protection for email. Kaspersky Anti-Virus scans email traffic for viruses according to the protocol via which it is sent (POP3, IMAP and NNTP for incoming mail and SMTP for outgoing mail) on any mail program, while plug-ins and treatment for viruses in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express mail databases are offered.
- Scanning of Internet traffic. All HTTP Internet traffic is scanned by Kaspersky Anti-Virus for viruses in real-time, ensuring that infected objects are not saved to the computer's hard disk.
- Protection for file systems. Individual files, catalogues and disks can be designated for antivirus scanning. Users can limit antivirus scanning to critical areas of the operating system and startup objects to ensure that attention is focused on the most vulnerable areas of the system.
- Control over changes in the file system. With Kaspersky Anti-Virus it is possible to compile lists of applications, the component structure of which will be controlled, thus helping to prevent malicious programs from undermining the integrity of the application.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus monitors processes in the memory. The product monitors the activity of programs and processes that have been launched in the computer's memory and, at the same time, warns users of any dangerous, suspicious or hidden processes (that is, rootkits), and of unauthorized changes in routine processes.
- Monitors changes in the operating system registry. The application controls the status of the system registry and notifies users of any suspicious objects or attempts to create hidden keys in the registry.
- Blocks dangerous macros. Proactive protection of Kaspersky Anti-Virus affords control over the operation of macros based on Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Office documents and blocks dangerous macro-commands from being executed.
- System restore. The system can be restored after malicious activity. Kaspersky Anti-Virus can roll back any changes made to the system by malicious programs.
Fast operating speeds
- Technology for accelerated antivirus scanning. iSwift and iChecker technology of Kaspersky Anti-Virus make it possible to limit scanning to new and modified files, or to limit scanning to potentially dangerous objects only. Antivirus scanning can be suspended during times of increased user activity to ensure that your computer's resources are free for your use.
- Reduced update sizes. The size of updates downloaded to users' PC has been reduced almost 10 times (now amounting to several tens of kilobytes) in Kaspersky Anti-Virus, making our updates virtually instant.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus - description from developer:
* Three protection technologies against new and unknown threats: 1) Hourly automated database updates, 2) Preliminary behavior analysis, 3) On-going behavior analysis. New!
* Protection from viruses, Trojans and worms
* Protection from spyware and adware
* Real-time scanning for email, Internet traffic and files
* Protection from viruses when using ICQ and other IM clients
* Protection from all types of keyloggers. Improved!
* Detection of all types of rootkits. Improved!
* Automatic database updates
* Rollback of unwanted changes on your computer
* Self-defense of the antivirus program from being disabled or stopped
* Tools for creating a Rescue Disk
* Free technical support
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a "Free to try" program. You can download and try it for an evaluation period.