EF Commander - description from Softdepia.com:
EF Commander is a complete file manager. If you've ever used and liked Norton Commander or FAR manager, you'll like this dual-windowed program, which comes complete with bubble and online help. You can search directory trees and directories and perform actions, including Run, on files. You can also check file attributes and edit files with search-and-replace and drag-and-drop. Use the internal editor or associate one of your choosing to edit files, easily view files and configure the buttons to suit your needs, and get system and disk information with a click of the mouse. The following languages are included in the package: English, German, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Polish, Romanian, Spanish, Swedish, Russian, Ukrainian.
EF Commander - description from developer:
EF Commander is a powerful and multi-featured file manager witch a wide range of users, from beginners to professionals, will find easy to use.
Here are some key features of EF Commander:
* Easy to use - The modern interface helps you to have full control over your files and folders.
* Tabbed interface - Define just the views you need in each pane for your folders and files.
* Full customized - colors, fonts, user defined columns, keyboard shortcuts, icons, etc.
* Thumbnails - Quickly and easily get an overview your photos or other image collections.
* Parallel file operations - Any number of operations at the same time.
* Direct link to PDAs with Windows CE - EF Commander was the first file manager worldwide with this feature.
* Fast built-in FTP/FTPS client with resume download and FxP (server to server transfers), secure (SSL/TLS) connection.
* Burn on CD/DVD, Nero Burning ROM (www.nero.com) required.
* Internal packers for more than 20 archive formats - No external programs are required, supported formats: 7-Zip, ACE, ARC, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, CPIO, GZIP, IMG, ISO (ISO9660), LHA, RAR, RPM, SFX, SQX, TAR, TBZ, TGZ, TXZ, XZ, ZIP, Zip64, ZOO.
* Internal viewer for many file formats.
* Use XnView and IrfanView as add-ons - Enlarge the number of available formats to 400 or more.
* Synchronize function.
* Multi-Rename Tool.
* Internal text and HEX editor.
* Functions to split/join large files - Split large files into smaller parts, and recombine the parts.
* Create/Verify checksums in SFV, MD5 and SHAx formats.
* External plug-in support for packers, viewers, file system and contents
* Encode/Decode files in UUE, XXE and MIME format.
* CR LF translate (Macintosh, DOS, and UNIX).
* Filters for the two panels and mostest file operations.
* Task list to switch to any active program.
* Kill any process - useful to stop any damaged (frozen) programs.
* Shut down function.
* and much more...
EF Commander is a "Free to try" program. You can download and try it for an evaluation period.