Active WebCam Pro - description from Softdepia.com:
Want to monitor your home or office while you're away?
Active WebCam captures and broadcasts images from any video device including USB, analog cameras, TV-boards, camcorders, and from network IP cameras. The salient feature of Active WebCam is its unrivalled quality of audio and video broadcasting - up to 30 frames per second of perfect quality and resolution!
The program performs simultaneous recording from the unlimited number of cameras, and broadcasts the recordings either from your computer or through any FTP server. This software can be used as a surveillance system in banks and their branches, retail stores, various buildings, offices, shopping-malls and parking lots, and of course for home security and performs MUCH better than analog cameras!
Feel absolutely safe with this wonderful surveillance software thanks to Motion Detection feature! When Active WebCam detects any motions, it can start the broadcasting and recording images or announce you with sound alarm or e-mail at your own discretion.
Broadcast live audio/video using one the following methods:
- Remote Access - access the camera using the Active WebCam program from other computers. Active WebCam uses UDP protocol to push captured images and sound to viewers' computers.
- FTP Upload - the program uploads images to your web site using FTP protocol. Use any Internet browser and view the video from the website.
- HTTP Server - the program runs own HTTP server that all users, connected to your computer using Internet browser, can see live video from your camera.
Watch real video, not still images!
You can easily watch this video using any Internet browser without downloading any additional software or plug-ins. You can add text captions to the images, stamp each video frame with date and time, adjust the frame rate, picture size, and quality settings of the images broadcasted! Shrink, grow, and rotate captured images, crop them so that only the selected area of the the whole image could be recorded and broadcasted.
You can use Active WebCam to record full-motion clips from your video and audio sources. The program has the following recording features:
Live Recording, Archive Recording, and ability to create Archive of Snapshots. You can also easily password-protect your Active WebCam
audio and video information in order to observe secrecy and confidence.
The key features of Active WebCam:
- Works with all USB and parallel port cameras
- Records video when a motion is detected
- Sends you an e-mail notification when detects a motion
- Supports encrypted transmission.
- Records and plays back from several cameras simultaneously
- Creates thumbnails from captured images.
- Has a comprehensive scheduler.
- Checks the available space on hard drive and stops recording if there is no available space
- Stealth mode makes the program completely invisible that it doesn't display any icon in the sys tool tray and it is not presented in the task bar tray
Intel Pentium 1000 MHz or better, Win95/98/ME/2000/ XP, 256MB RAM, 1 GB HD space.
Active WebCam Pro is a "Free to try" program. You can download and try it for an evaluation period.